The day we realized our dahlias weren't sh*t

September 11, 2017






A few weekends ago, we went to check out the new Abbott Square! It's an open community space by the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History with food and garden space and live performances! Currently, they have six mini restaurants:  popsicles, oysters, pizza, Cat & Cloud cafe with Companion Bakery (OUR TWO FAVORITES IN ONE. HOW!) poke, and some vegetable thing... and then two bars!

The best part is that many weekends, the ground floor of the MAH is free for the public to explore and that is how we found the DAHLIA COMPETITION. At first I laughed at them because some of them are like little balls on a stick and it's funny, but then I walked through like six whole rooms. Anyway, Dahlias are crazy and Jon and I came home and looked at the ones in our yard and were like these are gross. no one would vote for ours.

ABBOTT SQUARE THOUGH IS GREAT and I know that if it popped up in San Francisco, I would roll my eyes at the cliché use of negative space and reclaimed wood, but honestly.. I'm just so happy I can walk to good Neapolitan style pizza.

You Might Also Like

0 comments