Cremer House + the best rootbeer float since Sarah's 2nd grade birthday party

October 27, 2017








JON AND I ARE ON A ROLL WITH DATE NIGHTS. Sure, we had Shin Ramen Black for dinner not that long ago, but here we are! Out. AGAIN!

Jon and I were excited to check out Cremer House in Felton, and Santa Cruz Restaurant Week gave us an excuse to finally do so. First of all, I really liked their cute little salt and pepper shakers. They were very small.

Also, the food was fantastic. Restaurant week highlights a prix fixe menu at dozens of Santa Cruz eateries, and this one was only $25! I ordered the grilled pear salad and the seared diver scallops with celery root puree and root beer gastrique. What? Jon got the burrata salad and porter beer braised short rib. OOH the DESSERTS were the best. Jon got the salted pretzel bread pudding with pomegranate cider caramel and blackberry jam.. but I GOT THE ROOT BEER FLOAT.

It was perfect.

Oh shoot haha you know what else happened recently? Craigslist adventures. Last week, I found a $10 shelf that is perfect for our pantry. Little did I know that it was located in the hills of Bonny Doon. It was hella dark, the roads were NOT paved, we almost hit TREES AND ROCKS, and I've never heard Jon so sincerely say that he loved me and was glad that we got a chance to know each other. On another night, I found a woman selling 90's Star Wars Legos and took Jon and he made me talk to this woman for like 30 minutes while he squatted over a cardboard box "making sure all the pieces were there." Then we gave her $150 and when we got home Jon was like "I think it's missing pieces." and he was sad.

Speaking of sad things Jon does with Legos, on Sunday I was exhausted and during my nap, Jon thought it was a great idea to sort all his Legos. He just kept pouring them out, mixing them around, dropping them on other piles of Legos. Why, Jon.

Well that about describes our life right now.

A few details (about Cremer House. Not Jon's Legos)


  • Cremer House is located on 6256 Highway 9 in Felton, CA. (next to the New Leaf!)
  • The building has been around since 1874! It's such a beautiful piece of downtown Felton history.
  • They serve tons of craft beers, ciders, wines, house made sodas, AND THAT ROOT BEER IS BOMB.

You Might Also Like

0 comments