Rice, beans, and vibranium

April 10, 2018




After watching Black Panther on opening night with literally every POC Jon and I know in the 831, we ended up at Los Pericos for dinner. Insider tip: it was not hard to get seats for Black Panther in Capitola.

lol.

Anyway, this post is about Los Pericos because everyone already knows about Black Panther. What people do not know is that this Mexican place was so sympathetic to my second trimester urges, that they made carne asada fries for me for $6. And then I took home a whole plastic bag filled with their fresh tortilla chips and ate everything as a pre-dinner snack.

Los Pericos is located at 139 Water St. at the edge of downtown. For the most part, Jon and I order their tacos (carne asada, al pastor, and lengua) or their super burritos (carne asada, al pastor, or fish). Though in the above picture, Jon's friend ordered the Molcajete, which was featured on an 8.5" x 11" color printed picture scotch taped to the soda dispenser. Strategic!

Other highlights include a free salsa bar, a mini parking lot in a sea of metered parking, and huge portions. It is one of the only places we go when we eat out and on this particular night, it was a fun little reminder that colonizers can't take away created places of belonging. Yes, I believe I belong with the lengua.

You Might Also Like

0 comments