Zameen at the Point and other fast meals for when parents watch your baby

July 06, 2018





Despite the powerful poop explosions that have stained half my clothes and sent laundry extraordinaire Jon into the most frenzied state I have ever witnessed (lol), I absolutely love every moment with my baby. Coincidentally, my parents do too and look for every possible holiday (Father's Day?! Wedding anniversary?! Fourth of July?!) to steal him away from us. Just kidding, it is amazing that Kota can spend so much time with grandparents that love him so much.

Most of my blog posts will likely be places like this one: fast and delicious eateries that Jon and I escape to for approximately 1.5 hours while my parents lavish Kota with non stop cuddles, songs, and one time, 8 ounces of milk (PACE FEEDING, MOM!)

Zameen at the point was Jon's idea. It's located on 41st across from Penny's (the site we don't visit because they scoop less generously than the one downtown). The menu was like a Mediterranean Chipotle, offering falafel, lamb, chicken, and gyro (beef and lamb) in either a wrap, salad, or saffron rice bowl. We shared an order of feta fries and spent the evening catching up about ourselves which is so crazy because we spend way more time together than we did before.

Here is our go-to list of where we go / what we eat in about an hour when we get the chance:

  • Oreo milk shake at Santa Cruz Diner.
  • Mediocre boba at Tea Zone (Biggest pet peeve: crushed ice. It is the same size as boba. I get both in the straw and it kills me every time).
  • Ice cream sandwich at Marianne's.
  • Walk around Whole Foods in a leisurely way.
  • Sit in our car in the driveway and argue that we didn't plan the time well.
It is a short list, but hopefully that is because we are getting better at bringing the baby with us as we explore this city!

You Might Also Like

0 comments