Our 4 year wedding anniversary

July 07, 2018





Four years ago, I woke up after a night of Nerts with my best friends and walked down the hotel hallway to eat a complimentary continental breakfast with my beloved betrothed, Jon. WHAT DID WE EVEN KNOW ABOUT OURSELVES AND OUR LIFE AT THAT POINT?! I was thinking about bathroom signage! 

Jon and I celebrated our four year wedding anniversary and it was the best because every July 5th since that day at the hotel, I have been in Madison for work. So on this very special Sabbatical-Sarah occasion, I made plans for us to celebrate in the most Jon and Sarah way: breakfast burritos and bowling. We picked up our 'tos from Los Pericos- one with chorizo and one with bacon and headed to Neary Lagoon Park. What they don't tell ya is that it is NEARY A FREAKING WATER PLANT. Why would they put tennis courts and a playground literally along the fence of a nasty place like that?! Happy anniversary, Jon.

Next, we went to Boardwalk Bowl because they have half off games from 2-5 on weekdays! Despite the emptiness of the pictures, (and the emptiness of the rest of the bowling alley, really) our lane was squished between two other parties who got on our nerves and kept trying to use my bowling ball. We had so much fun though, and while we totally miss our Monday night bowling crew, it was amazing that we could take Kota with us for these $2 games.

The thing I treasure the most about being Jon's wife is the proximity. He can be a bearded mystery that skulks in the shadows sometimes (literally), so I treasure the daily opportunities I get to truly know him and understand the big things (Lebron signing with the Lakers) and small things ("that Lego Disney castle looks dope") that delight him. I am again convinced of what a wonderful decision it was to spend my life with this man. It isn't always easy, but it is the greatest gift. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments